If you are running a payroll for specific employees where Statutory Sick Pay is to be enabled, complete the following steps:
- If the employee is eligible for Statutory Sick Pay, click the Yes checkbox as highlighted below.
- A confirmation pop-up window appears. This displays the eligibility criteria which the employee needs to meet, in order to receive Statutory sick pay. If both are met, type Yes and click Continue. The eligibility criteria are:
- Has been working for you for at least 13 weeks.
- Has a medical certificate from a GP declaring him as unfit to work.
- Once the checkbox is selected, a default amount is considered and appears on the placeholder. You can view the breakdown when the box is clicked. The default amount is based on the basic calculation of:
- Weekly Payment = Payment/1
- Fortnightly Payment = Payment/2
- 4- Weekly Payment = Payment/4
- Monthly Payment = Payment/4.333
- The SSP box opens up to show the complete breakdown. However, it initially provides a direct link to get you familiarized with sick leave and sick pay, by clicking the hyperlink.
- The placeholders are defined below in the table:
FIELD DESCRIPTION Normal Pay As Per Week The regular pay per week is counted as per the salary of the individual employee. It is automatically updated, however, you can manually change it if required. Normal Days Worked Per Week The regular number of working days per week is automatically simulated for every employee. If required manual changes can be made by you. Daily Rate Of Pay The daily rate of pay for every employee is static and is not enabled for manual correction. 70% of Daily Rate of Pay The counted and calculated 70% of daily payout is visible. Daily SSP Entitlement A daily rate of payment for statutory sick leave of 70% of normal wages to be paid by employers (up to a maximum €110 per day). It defines upto what amount an employee can receive daily SSP entitlement. Maximum Total Number Of SSP Days in This Tax Year This defines the number of SSP days available for the year 2023. It is gradually set to increase every year from 5, 7 to 10. Number of applied Certified sick days in This Period If the employee has applied with a certified medical leave then the number of days applied for automatically updates. If not, you can manually change the number of certified sick days for which you want to apply for SSP. SSP Days Used In This Tax Year It shows the number of SSP days for which application has already been submitted for this cycle. Applicable Certified SSP Days In This Period It shows the number of SSP days that the system is actually taking into consideration. Following which the total SSP amount is to be calculated. Total SSP Benefit Amount in this period The full amount of applicable SSP payout is displayed.
- Click Save to save the changes on the SSP Calculation page.
- Click Save on the Payroll page to confirm the changes made.
- A new message is to appear at the top of the screen to inform users to review normal pay/salary, in presence of Statutory Sick Pay being applicable.