You can allocate single or batch invoices.
At least one unallocated receipt and invoice for the required customer are available.
1. Log in and from the Business page, click the required business. the total receipt
2. The Customers page appears. Click and from the inline menu, click Allocation.
3. The Invoice Allocation page appears. It shows the outstanding or unallocated receipts and invoices. See below.
You can do the following actions on this page:
Allocate Receipts to Invoices
1. The Invoice Allocation page displays all unallocated receipts and outstanding invoices. Note that for successful allocation, the figure in the Left to Allocate field must be zero, post allocation.
2. To have Surf Accounts allocate the receipts, click Auto Allocate.
3. Auto-allocation gives you no control over the allocation. See below the way the receipts are allocated. Note the Left to Allocate field displays zero.
1. To manually allocate, under the Invoices heading, enter the receipt amount, as appropriate, under the Paid heading.
2. To save the allocation, click Save.
Tickbox beside the Date heading
This is another way to allocate receipts to invoices.
1. When you tick the tick box beside the Date heading for both Receipts and Invoices, the total receipts’ and invoices’ amounts are moved under the Paid heading.
To successfully allocate by this method, the receipts’ and the invoices’ amounts must be equal.
Changing Customer Records
1. The Invoice Allocation page shows the selected customer transactions, by default. However, you can change the customer from the CUSTOMER list. Note that if you are in the middle of an allocation already, the ongoing allocation will be cancelled immediately if you proceed. Review the warning message carefully and click Yes or No, whichever appropriate.