The employee payroll depends on the payroll settings, for example the CPS and SPSPS category. To edit the payroll settings, complete the steps below. Note that the salary structure may change if you update the payroll settings.
1. On the PAYROLL DETAILS page, click Edit Payroll Settings.
2. On the payroll settings window, click the required tabs and update the settings.
3. To save the updated settings, click Save.
4. Review the payroll structure for changes, if that was expected outcome from the updates.
You may provide any amount to your employees in the form of holiday or advance pay in the current or future payroll periods. For the current payroll period, the employee gets the current payroll period salary, holiday or advance pay and benefits, if any. For future payroll periods, the employee gets the holiday or advance pay and benefits, if any but no salary. If the pay is for more than one future payroll period, it is equally divided across the payroll periods.
To process holiday or advance pay, complete the following steps.
1. Create payroll.
2. On the payslip page, click the employee name to open the PAYROLL DETAILS page.
3. The PAYROLL DETAILS page appears. Click Holiday/Advance Payroll.
4. The Process Holiday/Advance Pay window appears. Do either of the following steps:
- To process for the current payroll period, enter 0 in the Holiday/Advance periods to be applied in this payslip box and the holiday or advance amount in the Holiday Pay box and click Process.
- To process for one or more future payroll periods, enter the number of payroll periods in the Holiday/Advance periods to be applied in this payslip box and the holiday or advance amount in the Holiday Pay box and click Process.
|For multiple payroll periods, the holiday or advance amount is equally divided across payroll periods. For example, if the holiday or advance amount is €1500 and the number of payroll periods is 2 then the holiday or advance amount per period will be €1500/2=€750.
5. On the Confirmation Message window, click Process. The holiday/advance amount is processed.
How Do I Know Holiday or Advance Pay was Successfully Processed?
To verify, complete the following steps.
For current payroll period
1. On the payslip page, click for the appropriate employee and then click View Payslip.
2. The payslip reflects that holiday pay was successfully processed.
For future payroll periods
Complete either of the following steps.
- On the payslip page, the HOLIDAY / ADVANCE PERIODS lists the number of payroll periods the holiday pay was processed for.
- Create payroll for the next payroll period. The payslip page reflects that the employee is given holiday or advance pay.
You may not pay an employee salary after processing payroll. However, depending on the role and benefits, the employee may still be entitled to pay outside salary. For example, benefits like Director’s fees, DSP, Adoption, Parenting etc benefits are payable even if you do not pay the salary. This topic gives the steps to cancel the employee salary. Complete the following steps.
1. Create payroll for the requited payment frequency.
2. On the payslip page, click for the appropriate employee and then click Do Not Pay.
3. Review the confirmation message carefully and click Process if you still want to proceed.
4. The PAYROLL DETAILS page reflects the updated payroll structure. Review carefully and click Save, if happy. To reverse the action, click Reset.
|You can also view the updated pay structure on the employee payslip.