After you create the payroll for a period, you may need to update the employee pay structure. For example, you might need to update an addition component to the salary such as a bonus. Regenerating a payslip allows you to update the employee pay structure and reflect the changes to the payslip. You can regenerate a payslip before it is finalised.
To regenerate payslip, you need to first move to the Run Payroll page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll, there can be either of the following scenarios:
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses
The steps to move to the Run Payroll page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
|If your business has payrolls not submitted prior the current date, Surf Payroll displays a message recommending you submit them soon.|
1. Log in to Surf Payroll.
2. The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Payroll>Run Payroll.
1. Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
2. The Employees page appears. On the left panel, click Payroll>Run Payroll.
|You can sort columns in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click on the column name.|
Now that you are on the Run Payroll page, complete the following steps.
To regenerate the payslip, complete the following changes.
1. The Run Payroll page shows the chosen frequency and payroll summary under various heads such as Gross Pay, Net Pay and Cost to Employer.
2. On the Run Payroll page, from the Frequency list, select the required custom frequency and click Run Payroll.
3. The Payroll Process page appears. On the Payroll Process page, click Yes.
4. The payslip page appears.
5. To compare the changes in payslip before and after using the Regenerate Payslip option, on the payslips page, click and click View Payslip.
6. The payslip before using the Regenerate Payslip option.
7. To update the pay, on the payslip page, click and click Open.
8. On the Payroll Details page, update the pay, as needed and click Save.
9. Now, go to the payslips page, click and click Regenerate Payslip.
10. The Confirmation Message window appears. Click Yes.
11. The Payroll Details page appears. On the Payroll Details page, update the details, as required and do either of the following:
- To update just the current payslip, click Save.
- To save the current changes and also update the next employee pay structure, click Save & Next.