To process holiday or advance pay for employees, you need to first move to the Run Payroll page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll, there can be either of the following scenarios:
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses
The steps to move to the Run Payroll page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
|If your business has payrolls not submitted prior the current date, Surf Payroll displays a message recommending you submit them soon.|
1. Log in to Surf Payroll.
2. The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Payroll>Run Payroll.
1. Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
2. The Employees page appears. On the left panel, click Payroll>Run Payroll.
|You can sort columns in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click on the column name.|
Now that you are on the Run Payroll page, complete the following steps.
1. On the Run Payroll page, select the required payroll frequency, if required.
2. On the Run Payroll page, click Run Payroll. Finalise the payslips of the preceding period, if needed.
3. On the Run Payroll page, click the period for which payroll is just created. You must not finalise the payslips before processing advance pay.
4. The payslip page appears. On the payslip page, click the employee name whose advance/holiday pay needs to be processed.
5. The Payroll Details page appears. On the Payroll Details page, click Holiday/Advance Payroll.
6. The Process Holiday/Advance Pay window appears. On the Process Holiday/Advance Pay window, enter the number of pay periods and the amount of holiday pay and click Process.
7. The Confirmation Message appears. Click Process. The holiday/advance pay is processed. When you process the holiday/advance pay, you are not allowed to set the employee leave date on the Payroll Details page.
Verifying Holiday/Advance Pay Approval
You can verify Holiday/Advance pay in two ways.View Payslip
To verify, see the image below. The period for which the pay is processed is shown.
The payslip also shows that holiday pay is processed.
View Payslip Summary
Complete the following steps.
1. On the left panel, click Payroll > Run Payroll.
2. The Run Payroll page appears. On the page, select the required frequency.
3. Click the required period.
4. Click the required payslip period.
5. The notification, as shown below, shows that the employee has approved advance and holiday pay.