After adding the employee details, you can generate the employee payrolls frequency-wise and then finalise and submit the payrolls to the Revenue. The sections below give the steps.
- Creating Payroll
- Entering Hours if you are on an Hourly Rate
- Finalising and Submitting Payroll to Revenue
1. On the left panel, click Payroll > Run Payroll.
2. The RUN PAYROLL page appears. From the Frequency list, select the required payment frequency and click Run Payroll.
3. On the PAYROLL PROCESS page, review the payroll period to be generated and if happy, click Yes.
4. The payroll is created and payslips for employees are generated.
Entering Hours if you are on an Hourly Rate
If you pay one or more employees on an hourly basis, you need to enter the number of hours worked after creating the payroll. The steps to enter the hours are given below:
1. Create payroll.
2. On the payslip page, under the EMPLOYEE heading, click the required employee name.
3. On the PAYROLL DETAILS page, under the PAYMENTS heading, enter the number of hours worked in the payroll period.
4. The PAYROLL DETAILS page shows the total payment for the payroll period and the deductions done accordingly.
Finalising and Submitting Payroll to Revenue
If you have created and reviewed the payroll, your next step is to finalise and submit the payroll. Finalising is a necessary step which indicates that you are happy with the payroll and it readies the payroll for submission to Revenue. To finalise and submit, complete the following steps.
1. On the RUN PAYROLL page, select the payment frequency for which you want to finalise the payroll.
2. Click and then click Finalise Period. This action also finalises all payslips generated in the current payroll period. Alternatively, you can also first individually finalise payslips and then finalise the period.
3. On the Confirmation Message window, click OK.
4. The payroll period is finalised.
5. To submit, click and then click Submit Payroll to ROS.
6. The payroll is submitted successfully to Revenue.