After you generate the payroll for a period, you can post the payroll details in the form of a journal to Surf Accounts. The journal is posted under certain pre-configured heads such as Wages and Salaries, Directors Salaries and PAYE Control. To post a journal, you need to first sign up the same Business on both Surf Payroll and Surf Accounts and access them with the same credentials. Then you need to map nominal codes with the pre-configured heads and, optionally, map the Business departments with Divisions in Surf Accounts. Prior to posting, you may view the journal on Surf Payroll.
|If your business has payrolls not submitted prior the current date, Surf Payroll displays a message recommending you submit them soon.
1. On the RUN PAYROLL page, click and from the inline menu and click Post Accounts Journal.
2. The Journal Dates window appears. Enter the required dates. To include payments, tick Include Payments and click Post.
3. The Information Message appears. Click OK.
4. Optional. To view the journal details on Surf Payroll, click and from the inline menu, click View Journal Posting.
|You can sort columns in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click on the column name.
5. The Journal Posting Report page appears. View the journal, as required.
6. To view the journal details on Surf Payroll, on the Run Payroll page, click corresponding to the required payroll period and from the inline menu, click View Journal Posting.
7. The Journal Posting Report page appears. View the journal, as required.