After finalising the payroll, you can pay the employees by bank transfer, cheque or cash. To pay by bank transfer, you need to set up employee bank account details prior to finalising the payroll. The bank transfer needs to be done based on the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) guidelines under which, you need to generate an XML file comprising pay details and send it to the banks.
To remove payroll, you need to first move to the Create Bank File page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll, there can be either of the following scenarios:
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses
The steps to move to the Create Bank File page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
|If your business has payrolls not submitted prior the current date, Surf Payroll displays a message recommending you submit them soon.|
1. Log in to Surf Payroll.
2. The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Payroll>Create Bank File.
1. Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
2. The Employees page appears. On the left panel, click Employees>Create Bank File.
|You can sort columns in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click on the column name.|
Now that you are on the Create Bank File page, complete the following steps.
1. On the Create Bank File page, from the Frequency list, select the required frequency.
2. On the Create Bank File page, from the period list, select the required period and click GO. The bank account details of qualifying employees appear.
3. On the Create Bank File page, click Bank File.
4. The Bank File window appears. On the Bank File window, enter the following details.
|FROM BANK ACCOUNT||The bank account from which the salary will be deducted. Ensure that you have already set up the bank account in the Settings section.|
|USING BANK FILE FORMAT||Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) is the default and only option available.|
|PROCESSING DATE||Salary processing date.|
5. To generate and download the XML file, on the Bank File window, click Save. The XML file is generated and downloaded to the local disk.
SEPA XML File sample