You can update the frequency of an employee subject to certain criteria which are given in this topic.
1. Log in to Surf Payroll , select the appropriate business and go to the Employees page.
2. On the Employees page, click the inline menu for the employee and then click Switch Frequency.
3. The Switch Payment Frequency window appears. Select the required frequency.
4. The message shows the closest payment date in the new frequency. If acceptable, click Save.
5. In the Confirmation Message window, type YES, click anywhere on the message body and then click Continue.
6. The frequency change is successful.
Frequency Change Criteria
- In the current frequency, at least one payroll must be finalised.
- Other than the current frequency, at least one frequency must be available in the payroll calendar.
- Prior switching the frequency, the employee payslip in the last payroll period is finalised.
- The tax year in which the current frequency is available must not be completed.
- After switching frequency, you are not allowed to remove the last payroll period of the previous frequency until the frequency change is reversed to the previous one first.
- If there are any left over days in the previous frequency, you may need to manually adjust the salary.
- Leavers are not allowed to change frequency.