When an employee is rejoining , Surf Payroll allows you to quickly set up the employee. The re-joiner records are retrieved from the leaver employee record though certain details like the Employment ID and Code must be updated. For more details, click here.
- To identify the leaver employee, on the Employees page, enable View Leavers.
- The leaver employees are indicated in red colour. Note that Surf Payroll retains both the previous and the current or re-joining record of the employee.
- For the required employee, click and then click Re-Joiner. This option is not available with the previous record.
- The EMPLOYEE DETAILS page appears. Now, you need to update certain information about the re-joiner depending on the information from the leaver employee record. See the table.
IN THE PREVIOUS LEAVER EMPLOYEE RECORD THEN The employee code was automatically set by the business. The employee code will be increased by +1. For example, the employee code at the time of leaving was 001, then the re-joiner code will be 002. The employee code was manually set by the business. Employee code will appear as blank and you need to provide an employee code manually. The Employment ID was numeric. The Employment ID will automatically increment by +1. For example, the Employment ID at the time of leaving was 45, then the re-joiner code will be 46. However, you may still manually update the ID. The Employment ID was alphanumeric. For example, A20. You need to manually provide the Employment ID. The employee was set as a leaver on a certain date. The payroll start date will be in the payroll period that is not finalised. The employee was set as a leaver on a certain date. The employment start date must be after the leave date in the last employment. Mid Year Setup Tab The Mid Year Setup tab will be blank. Previous Employment Figures The Revenue tab will be populated with the previous employment figures. Calculation Basis The Calculation basis will be set to Emergency until the first RPN import.
- Update the employee details and click Save.