You can remove an employee record if no payroll is generated for it. You can locate the required employee record on the Employees page.
To locate the required employee record, you need to first move to the Employees page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll , there can be either of the following scenarios: Your user account can have one or more businesses. If your account has one business, you move to the Dashboard page after logging in, else, you move to the Business page. Steps for both scenarios are given below.
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses
The steps to move to the Employees page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
If your business has payrolls not submitted prior the current date, Surf Payroll displays a message recommending you submit them soon.
- Log in to Surf Payroll.
- The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Employee>Employees.
- Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
- On the Business page, under the Select a Business heading, click the required Business name. You can also sort the records in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click the column.
If you have already processed year end for the year 2018 and set up the financial year 2019, a window appears requiring you to select 2018 or 2019.
Now that you are on the Employees page, complete the following steps.
1. On the Employees page, click for the corresponding employee record and in the inline menu, click Remove.
2. The Confirmation Message window appears. On the Confirmation Message window, click Delete. The employee record is removed.
3. On the removal confirmation message, click Close.