You need to provide the P46 document to the Revenue to request a Tax Credit Certificate (P2C) for a new employee if the employee does not provide the P45 document or have not registered the job with the Jobs and Pensions.
As part of the PAYE Modernisation mechanism effective from 1st January, 2019, the P46 is no longer applicable from 2019 financial year. So, P46 feature will not be available for businesses completing year end and setting up the 2019 payroll or for new businesses in 2019.
To generate and download the P46 document, you need to first move to the Employees page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll , there can be the following scenarios:
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses.
The steps to move to the Employees page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
- Log in to Surf Payroll.
- The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Employee>Employees.
- Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
- On the Business page, under the Select a Business heading, click the required Business name. You can also sort the records in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click the column.
If the chosen Business is more than a year old, then you need to select the tax year for which you will manage the payroll.
Now that you are on the Employees page, complete the following steps.
- On the Employees page, click corresponding to the required employee record and from the inline menu, click P46.
- The employee P46 information window appears. On the employee P46 information window, click Prepare ROS File.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. To generate and download the P46 document on your computer, on the Confirmation Message window, click Yes.