You issue a P45 document to an employee at the end of employment. Prior to generating the P45 document, you need to indicate the employee leave date and whether the employee is deceased. If deceased, the P45 form needs to be given to the employee kin whose details need to be entered in the document.
As part of the PAYE Modernisation mechanism effective from 1st January, 2019, the P45 is no longer applicable from 2019 financial year. So, P45 feature will not be available for businesses completing year end and setting up the 2019 payroll or for new businesses in 2019.
To generate and download the P45 document, you need to first move to the Employees page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll , there can be the following scenarios:
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses.
The steps to move to the Employees page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
To generate the P45 document, complete the following steps.
- Log in to Surf Payroll.
- The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Employee>Employees.
- Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
- On the Business page, under the Select a Business heading, click the required Business name. You can also sort the records in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click the column.
If the chosen Business is more than a year old, then you need to select the tax year for which you will manage the payroll.
Now that you are on the Employees page, complete the following steps.
- The Employees page appears. On the Employees page, click corresponding to the required employee record and from the inline menu, click P45.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. On the Confirmation Message window, click Yes.
- The employee P45 information window appears. On the employee P45 information window, verify the employee leave date and select the Employee is deceased option, if applicable. If you select the option, you need to provide the employee kin details. Details are given below.
|Name of the kin of the deceased.
|Street name in the address of the kin of the deceased.
|Select the town name in the address of the kin of the deceased.
|Select the county name in the address of the kin of the deceased.
|KIN EIR CODE
|EIR code in the address of the kin of the deceased.
|Country of the kin of the deceased.
|PPS number of the kin of the deceased.
|DATE OF BIRTH
|Date of birth of the kin of the deceased.
- To generate the P45 file, click Prepare ROS File.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. On the Confirmation Message window, click Yes. The P45 file is generated and downloaded to your computer.