After receiving both the Part 2 and 3 of the P45 document from a new employee, the Business needs to provide the Part 3 to the Revenue to request a Tax Credit Certificate (P2C) for the new employee. Before generating the Part 3 of P45, you need to provide certain information in the Part 3 document.
As part of the PAYE Modernisation mechanism effective from 1st January, 2019, the P45 P3 is no longer applicable from 2019 financial year. So, P45 P3 feature will not be available for businesses completing year end and setting up the 2019 payroll or for new businesses in 2019.
You can also generate and download the P45 P3 from the Employee details page. To view the steps, click here.
To generate and download the P45 P3 document, you need to first move to the Employees page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll , there can be the following scenarios:
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses.
The steps to move to the Employees page are different in each of the above scenarios. The steps are provided below scenario-wise.
The logged in account has a Single Business
- Log in to Surf Payroll.
- The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Employee>Employees.
- Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
- On the Business page, under the Select a Business heading, click the required Business name. You can also sort the records in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click the column.
If the chosen Business is more than a year old, then you need to select the tax year for which you will manage the payroll.
Now that you are on the Employees page, complete the following steps.
- On the Employees page, click corresponding to the required employee record and from the inline menu, click P45 Part 3.
- The employee P45 Part 3 information window appears. On the P45 Part 3 information window, enter the following details:
FIELD STEP START DATE This information should be already available as it was set up during employee record set up. PPS NUMBER This information should be already available as it was set up during employee record set up. WORKS NUMBER This information should be already available as it was set up during employee record set up. PREVIOUS EMPLOYER REGISTRATION NO. Registration number of the previous Business. This should be available in the P45 Part 2. PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT LEAVE DATE Last working date with the last Business. This should be available in the P45 Part 2. Previous Employment Figures Enter the pay liable under PAYE and USC, if applicable. This should be available in the P45 Part 2.
- Click Prepare ROS File.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. To generate and download the P45 Part 3 document on your computer, on the Confirmation Message window, click Yes.
If you click Yes, you are no longer allowed to update the employee start date.