Surf Payroll provides different ways to quickly locate the employee record you need.
To locate the required employee record, you need to first move to the Employees page. However, after you log in to Surf Payroll , there can be either of the following scenarios: Your user account can have one or more businesses. If your account has one business, you move to the Dashboard page after logging in, else, you move to the Business page. Steps for both scenarios are given below.
- The logged in account has a single Business
- The logged in account has multiple Businesses
- Log in to Surf Payroll.
If your business has payrolls not submitted prior the current date, Surf Payroll displays a message recommending you submit them soon.
- The Dashboard page appears. On the left panel, click Employees > Employees.
- Log in to Surf Payroll and find the required Business.
- On the Business page, under the Select a Business heading, click the required Business name. You can also sort the records in the ascending or descending order. To sort, click the column.
If you have already processed year end for the year 2018 and set up the financial year 2019, a window appears requiring you to select 2018 or 2019.
Now that you are on the Employees page, complete any of the following steps to find the required record.
- The required employee record may be located on the current page.
- In the top-right corner of the page, enter a search criterion in the search box and click . You can enter any of the following criterion: employee name, PPS number, rate or annual salary.
- The required employee record may be available on another page. If you do not want to move to another page, make more records available on the current page by clicking 50, in the bottom-right corner of the page.
If you have multiple payrolls and you wish to move from one payroll to another, you can click the Business name at the top right of the screen, this will bring you back to the list of Businesses where you can select a different Business name to open.