Surf Accounts allows you to set up invoices that recur at specified frequencies up to finite or infinite recurrences. The following links give steps to set up recurring invoices. Click, as needed.
To set up recurring invoices, complete the following steps.
1. Log in and click the required business.
2. The Customers page appears. On the left panel, click Sales > Recurring Invoices.
3. The Recurring Invoices page appears. Click [Add].
4. The Recurring Sales Invoice page appears. Enter the following details.
To select the customer, click and from the Customer Search window, click the customer name. To create a customer on the go, on the Customer Search window, click New.
|ACCOUNT MANAGER||Select the account manager responsible for managing the quote. Note: If, at the time of setting up the business, you select Primary School or Secondary School as the business type, then the column name will be CO-ORDINATOR.|
|REFERENCE NO.||Enter a unique reference number for the invoice.|
|QUOTE/S.O./INV NO.||This is disabled by default.|
|RECURRING INFORMATION heading|
|RECURRING||Select the frequency at which the invoice will recur.|
|REPEAT EVERY||Select the interval at which the invoice will recur. For example, if the recurring frequency is monthly and you select 2 in this list, the invoice will recur every 2 months.|
|STARTS ON||Select the invoice start date.|
|NEXT DUE||If the invoice is not posted on its start date, then the start date is the next due date. Else, the next due date is always the immediate recurrence based on the frequency.|
|STATUS||Select the current status of the invoice. The following options are available.
|ENDS||If the invoice recurs indefinitely, select Never. If the invoice recurs until a date, select Date and specify the date. If the invoice recurs a specific number of times, select Number and enter the number.|
|Product||To select the product, click and from the Product Search window, click the customer name. To create a customer on the fly, on the Product Search window, click New.|
|Description||Auto-filled based on the product selection. You can also update the description.|
|Price||The price appears depending on the price configuration at the time of product creation, multiplied by the number of units.|
|Discount %||Enter the discount percentage, if applicable.|
|VAT %||The VAT rate is applied based on the settings done at the time of product creation.|
|Nominal||The nominal code is applied based on the settings done at the time of product creation.|
|Net Amount||The total quote amount is displayed.|
|ADDRESSES & ATTACHMENTS||Provide the invoice address and attach relevant documents, if necessary.|
|ADD PAYMENT TERMS||Enter payment terms and conditions.|
|NOTES||Enter additional notes, if applicable.|
5. To save the recurring invoice, click [Save].
6. The recurring invoice is set up, as shown by the image below.
Each recurring invoice has a column named No. Posted which shows the number of recurrences generated.
After setting up the recurring invoice, you need to generate or post the invoice. To post, complete the following steps.
1. On the Recurring Invoices page, click [Generate Invoices].
2. The Invoice List page appears. By default, it shows all invoices available for posting until a certain date.
3. On the Invoice List page, from the GENERATE RECURRING INVOICE UP TO list, select the date till which you want to generate the invoices and click Update List.
4. Depending on the date you choose in the GENERATE RECURRING INVOICE UP TO list, the list of invoices available for posting may be refreshed. In that case, click Yes on the Confirmation Message window.
Optional: You can perform various predefined actions on the invoices. The actions are available on the Invoice List page under the Action column. The default action is the one you had set when you set up the recurring invoice. Click the required action. The actions available are:
- Print: The invoice will be available in print format.
- Email: When you generate the invoices, from the same page, you can immediately email the invoices to the customer email ID. To set this option on, click Settings on the left panel and on the Settings page, click E-Mail Templates under the E-MAIL heading and then tick Attach Invoice.
- Skip: One or more instances of recurring invoices can be skipped. Note that skipped invoices cannot be retrieved later.
- Closed: The invoice is closed and will not be considered for generation. Note that closed invoices cannot be retrieved later.
- On Hold: The invoice is put on hold. Note that such invoices cannot be retrieved later.
5. To post invoices, click Generate.
6. The Confirmation Message window gives a summary of the number of invoices to be posted and the total value. To post, click Yes.
7. The recurring invoices are posted successfully.
8. You can view the posted invoices in Sales > Invoices > Credit Notes. The recurring invoices are indicated by an R.