As a user who manages a business accounts, you are required to perform certain activities. The Activity feature allows you to manage or control all activities. To view the steps to manage activities, click on the links below.
To add an activity, complete the following steps.
1. Log in to Surf Accounts. The Business page appears.
2. On the Business page, locate the required business by completing either of the following steps.
- In the Search box on the top right corner, enter the name of the business fully or partially and click . The business summary will appear under the Select a Business heading.
- The business summary is available under the Select a Business heading. If you cannot find it, at the bottom-right corner of the page, click 100 to increase the number of records to be displayed on the page. The business summary will be available under the Select a Business heading.
3. Under the Select a Business heading, click the name of the business.
4. The Customers page appears. On the Customers page, in the left panel, click CRM > Activities.
5. The Activities page appears. On the Activities page, click [Add].
6. On the New Activity window, enter the following details and click [Save].
|SUBJECT||Subject of the event.|
|DESCRIPTION||Description of the event.|
|All Day Event||Select if this event will last all day.|
|Recurring Event||Select if the event will recur in the future. Then specify the date and time of recurrence in the Recurring Event window.|
|START||Select the event start time. You can set the date up to 5 years beyond the current set accounting period.|
|END||Select the event end time. You can set the date up to 5 years beyond the current set accounting period.|
|FOLLOW UP||Select if you need to follow up on the event.|
|ACTIVITY||Select the activity type from the list.|
|USER||Select the user who is part of the event. Your and the user names of those you invite will appear in the list. If you close or make inactive one of the users, then the user name will not appear on the list.|
|ACTIVITY TYPE||Select the activity type. You can configure custom activity types from Settings.|
|STATUS||Select the status.|
|PRIORITY||Select the priority of the event.|
|Private||Select if the event is a private event.|
|CONTACT||Select the contact.|
|SUB-CONTACT||Select the sub-contact.|
|OPPORTUNITY||Select the opportunity.|
You can view the activities during a time period such as daily or monthly and also apply filters. To view activities, complete the following steps.
1. Complete steps 1 to 4 as given in Adding an Activity.
2. On the Activities page, click the tabs Today, This Week, This Month or All to view time-based activities.
3. To apply filters, click [Filter] and select the filter from the Filter Activities window and click [Save].