To allocate, complete the steps given below.
Note: At least one unallocated invoice and receipt are available.
1. Log in and from the Business page, click the required business.
2. The Customers page appears. On the left panel, click Purchases > Suppliers.
3. The Suppliers page appears. Click for the corresponding supplier record and from the inline menu, click Allocation.
4. The Invoice Allocation page appears. It shows the payments and invoices. See below.
You can do the following actions on this page:
Allocate Payments to Invoices
- The Invoice Allocation page displays all payments and invoices. Note that for successful allocation, the figure in the Left to Allocate field must be zero, post allocation.
- To have Surf Accounts allocate the payments, click Auto Allocate.
- Auto-allocation gives you no control over the allocation. See below the way the payments are allocated. Note the Left to Allocate field displays zero.
- To manually allocate, under the Invoices heading, enter the payment amount, as appropriate, under the Paid heading.
- To save the allocation, click Save.
Tick box beside the Date heading
This is another way to allocate payments to invoices.
- When you tick the tick box beside the Date heading for both payments and invoices, the total payment’ and invoices’ amounts are moved under the Paid heading. However, to successfully allocate by this method, the payments’ and the invoices’ amounts must be equal.
Changing Supplier Records
- The Invoice Allocation page shows the selected supplier transactions, by default. However, you can change the supplier from the SUPPLIER list. Note that if you are in the middle of an allocation already, the ongoing allocation can be cancelled immediately if you proceed. Review the warning message carefully and click Yes or No, whichever appropriate.