You can set up bank account types, for example, savings account, current account or credit account and then, record transactions, view bank statements and reconcile. You can also connect the bank account types to bank account and get automatic bank feeds from the accounts. This topic gives the steps to both set up a bank account type and connect to a bank account.
Setting up a Bank Account Type
1.On the Bank Accounts page, click Add Bank Account.
2. The Add Bank Account page appears. Enter the following details for the bank account type.
|Enter the bank name or click to select your bank from the Banks window. If you are unable to do either, select Other from the options in the Banks window.
|BANK ACCOUNT NAME*
|Enter a custom bank account name. For example, current account.
|Enter the bank account number.
|Enter the BIC.
|Enter the IBAN.
|DEFAULT IMPORT FILE
|Enter the CSV file name that will be provided as a default option when you import bank feeds.
|Enter the bank reference.
|Enter a default nominal code which will be displayed in the chart of accounts.
3. To set up the bank account type, click Save.
* indicates mandatory inputs.
Connecting to the Bank Account for Automatic Feeds
1. Set up a bank account type.
2. On the Bank Accounts page, click Connect to my Bank.
3. Surf Accounts requests your consent to connect to your bank account. Review the terms under each heading such as Transaction History and if you agree, click Continue.
4. The Select your bank window appears. A few icons representing banks are shown by default. If those not you want to connect to, search for your bank in the search box. After successful validation, you will be required to log in to your bank account so it is connected to Surf Accounts.
5. Validate the captcha.
6. In the window that appears, click Continue.
7. Log in to the bank account and it is connected.
8. Note that post connection, the Get Bank Feed button appears. Click the button.
9. The New Bank Feed page appears. From the Automatic Bank Feed tab, you can load and import bank feed directly from the bank account.
Optional: After connecting, you can automatically import bank feeds without needing to download the feeds first. On the left panel, click Banking > Import Bank Feeds.
- The Import Bank Feeds page appears. To start loading, click Add Bank Feed.
- The New Bank Feed page appears. Note the tab Automatic Bank Feed. You can use it to import bank feeds directly from the bank account.
Note: If you already have connected accounts and attempt to connect another account to a bank account, you will be given choice of the selected accounts or a new account. See the image below. To connect to a different account, select Other.