Surf Accounts allows you to set up payments that recur at specified frequencies finitely or infinitely for both suppliers and non-suppliers. The following links give steps to set up recurring receipts. Click, as needed.
To set up a recurring payment, complete the steps below.
- Log in and click the required business.
- The Customers page appears. On the left panel, click Banking > Payments.
- The Payments page appears. From the list, select Recurring Payment.
- The Recurring Payments page appears. Click Add.
- The Recurring Supplier Payment page appears. Enter the following details.
To select the supplier, click and from the Supplier Search window, click the supplier name. To create a supplier on the go, on the Supplier Search window, click New.
Applicable for non-suppliers. Ignore.
Unique reference number.
BANK DETAILS heading
Bank account on which the transaction will be performed.
Include in SEPA
Tick, if applicable.
To auto-allocate the payment, tick.
RECURRING INFORMATION heading
Select the frequency at which the payment will recur.
Select the interval at which the payment will recur. For example, if the recurring frequency is monthly and you select 2 in this list, the payment will recur every 2 months.
Select the first recurrence date. To allocate, generate first (see steps to generate). If no invoice is available on the same date, then invoices set up on a past date are allocated.
If the payment is not posted on its start date, then the start date is the next due date. Else, the next due date is always the immediate recurrence based on the frequency.
Select the current status of the invoice. The following options are available.
- Generate: The payment will be generate.
- Closed: The payment is closed and will not be considered for generation. Note that closed payments cannot be retrieved later.
- On Hold: The payment is put on hold. Note that such payments cannot be retrieved later.
If the invoice recurs indefinitely, select Never. If the invoice recurs until a date, select Date and specify the date. If the invoice recurs a specific number of times, select Number and enter the number.
- To save the recurring payment record, click [Save].
To verify whether the recurring payments have been allocated, on the left panel, click Banking > Payments and, on the Payments page, view the status under the Allocated column.
Recurring payment generation sets up one or more recurring payments for allocation to invoices on the specified date or earlier. Allocation can be manual or automatic. To generate recurring payment, complete the following steps.
- Set up a recurring payment.
- The Recurring Supplier Payment page appears. Click Generate.
- The Payment List page appears. From the SEPA PAYMENT DATE list, select the date and from the GENERATE RECURRING RECEIPT UP TO list, select the date until which you want to generate the payments and click Update List.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. Review the message and Click Yes.
- All recurrences until the selected date appear. To generate, click Generate.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. Click Yes.
- The Recurring Receipts page shows a summary of receipts generated.
To remove a recurring receipt, complete the following steps.
- Set up and, optionally, generate the recurring payment.
- On the Recurring Payments page, click for the row showing corresponding recurring payment record and in the inline menu, click Remove.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. On the Confirmation Message window, click [Yes]. The record is removed.