Surf Accounts has now introduced a new and improved Sign in process for its users. The legacy identity service has been moved to a more secure and reliable Azure B2C Identity Services. This new Sign in process also includes multi-factor authentication either using phone (message/call) or using the Authenticator app. You can also optionally turn on/off multi-factor authentication at any time.
Authentication using Phone
1. Open the Surf Accounts Login page.
2. Log in with your existing email address and password.
3. Select the top right icon and click Profile to open the window for setting up multiple-factor authentication.
4. In the Logged in User window, select the Phone radio button to initiate multi-factor authentication using message/call. Click Save to change the settings and re-log in to see the changes being reflected.
5. Select the Country Code as applicable from the drop-down list and enter a valid Phone number. Click Send Code to receive and initiate the two-factor authentication using Phone (message) in the selected number.
6. Enter the Verification Code sent to the selected number. Once the same is verified, you can log in to your account.
- Complete steps 1-4 under authentication via message.
- Select the Country Code as applicable from the drop-down list and enter a valid Phone number. Click Call Me to receive and initiate multi-factor authentication using Phone (call) in the selected number.
- An automated call is received where you require to press Pound Key(#)to verify your login. Once confirmed, you can login to Surf Accounts.
Authentication using Authenticator App
- Open the Surf Accounts Login page.
- Log in with your existing email address and password.
Select top right icon and click Profile to open the window for setting up multiple-factor authentication.
- In the Logged in User window, select the Authenticator App radio button to initiate multi-factor authentication. Select Save to change the settings and re-log in to see the changes being reflected.
- During login, you are shown a similar screen. You can either download the Authenticator app from Google Play/ Apple App Store or scan a QR code if you already have the authenticator app. If you are unable to scan the existing displayed QR code, click Can't scan? Try this, to generate a new QR code. If you are unable to login with the re-generated QR code, click Still having trouble? to enter the account details manually.
- After scanning the QR code, you can automatically add the account on your Authenticator app. The Authenticator app keeps on generating a six digit OTP every thirty seconds. Enter the active Verification Code displayed in the app to verify the same and login to your account
You can reset your account password using your registered email address with Surf Accounts. To reset the password, complete the following steps:
On the Login page, click Forgot your password?.
Enter your registered email address and click Send verification code.
Enter the verification code received in the given email address and click Verify code.
If you have not received any verification code, click Send new code to resend the verification code to the given email address.
Verify your email address and click Continue.
To receive the verification code in another email address, click Change e-mail, and provide the new email address.
Enter the new password and click Continue.
Your password is reset successfully and you are automatically logged-in to Surf Accounts to land on the Business page.