Before paying your suppliers, you need to make the bank accounts from which payments will be made SEPA-compliant. If the bank account is not listed in the payments or SEPA-compliant, you must provide the IBAN and BIC numbers of the bank accounts to be able to process payments for suppliers. You have the flexibility to pay all or some of the suppliers. If the date you choose for making payments and that of the banks for accepting and processing payments do not match, Surf Accounts provides a notification. After you process payments for suppliers, an XML file is generated. The XML file captures, in SEPA-approved format, all payment records made. To make payments, complete the following steps.
1. Log in to Surf Accounts. The Business page appears.
2. On the Business page, locate the required business by completing either of the following steps.
- In the Search box on the top right corner, enter the name of the business fully or partially and click . The business summary will appear under the Select a Business heading.
- The business summary is available under the Select a Business heading. If you cannot find it, at the bottom-right corner of the page, click 100 to increase the number of records to be displayed on the page. The business summary will be available under the Select a Business heading.
3. Under the Select a Business heading, click the name of the business.
4. The Customers page appears. On the left panel, click Banking > Payments.
5. The Payments page appears. Click Create SEPA File.
6. The Pay Suppliers page appears. On the Pay Suppliers page, do the following:
- Ensure that the bank account is selected in the BANK ACCOUNT list. If not, set it up on Chart of Accounts.
- From the SEPA PAYMENT DATE field, select the payment date. From the table, select the required supplier records under the
- column to pay the suppliers. To pay all suppliers, select
- To start processing payment, click
- In the
- , click
- to proceed. The payment is processed.
7. Download the SEPA XML file. The XML file looks like the one below.
Pay Suppliers Invoice Report
When you click Print and select All from the Filter window, the Pay Suppliers Invoice Report is generated.
- On the Pay Suppliers page, click Print and select All from the Filter window.
- The Pay Suppliers Invoice Report appears. The Pay Suppliers Invoice Report is shown below.