The year end routine is used to close the current accounting period, roll the financial year forward and post opening balance journals. Once the year end routine has been run the previous year of data becomes locked and cannot be edited, it is important that you only run the year end routine when you are certain that all transactions have been posted and no further adjustments are required. To run the year end routine complete the below steps.
- On the left panel, click Settings.
- The Settings page appears. Under the DATA heading, click Year End.
- The Year End window appears. Read the messages carefully. Note that the process is irreversible and you should run it only when you are sure you have no changes to make in the current financial year.
- Note: If you do not want to carry forward opening balances select the option provided, this will ensure that no opening balance journals are posted for the financial period.
- If you are happy with the outcome, tick I acknowledge the above information and understand this operation cannot be reversed.
- Enter the RUN YEAR END, as shown and optionally, tick Copy this year's Budget figures to next year to move the current financial year budget to the next.
- On the Year-End window, click OK.
- The Confirmation Message window appears. To proceed, click OK.
- The Information Message window confirms the year end completion.