The opening customer balances feature allows you to bring forward balance at the start of an accounting period from the end of a previous accounting period. You set up opening balances by setting up invoices and receipts which are added to the total invoice values. To use the opening balance, complete the following steps.
- Log in and click the required business.
- The Customers page appears. Click Sales > Opening Customer Balances.
- The Opening Customer Balances page appears. Now, you will set up invoice and receipts.
Setting up an Invoice
- On the Opening Customer Balances page, click Invoice.
- The Quick Customer Invoice Opening Balance page appears. Enter the required details to set up the quick invoice and click Save
- Note the differences in the UNPAID and INVOICES DUE headings, as shown below.
|You can set the invoice set up date in the Date column up to 5 years from the current financial year.|
Before Invoice Set up
After Invoice Set up
Setting up Invoice Receipt
- On the Opening Customer Balances page, click Receipt.
- The Quick Customer Receipt Opening Balance page appears. Enter the required details to set up a receipt.
- To save the receipt, click Save.
- The Opening Customer Balances page appears. Click and click Allocation.
Viewing Opening Balance Record
To view the details of an opening balance record, click anywhere on the row.
|If you sort any column other than Date, then the Date column is also sorted accordingly.|