You can seamlessly import Trial Balance in current year from other accounting software products along with comparative values into Surf Accounts Production. The available list of accounting products from where the import can be performed are:
The Trial Balance Import functionality is applicable for specific entity types.
For a successful Trial Balance import operation, the Staff Permission Add new journal must be checked .
- On the Trial Balance page, click TB Import.
- Select the accounting software production from which you wish to import a trial balance and click Next.
- To customize the template to match the source CSV file, click Columns & Layout.
- In the Customize the Template for Source product window, perform the following actions, as required and click Update.
- Include or exclude columns to match the source CSV file. If there is a discrepancy between the columns declared and the columns present in the source CSV file, there will be mapping errors and the file will not get uploaded.
- Declare the header row(s) which from which the data will be retrieved from the source CSV file.
- Select the Include Zero checkbox to upload nominal codes with zero or no value in the source CSV file.
- Select the Save Source Nominal Description checkbox to replace any nominal code description present in Surf Accounts Production with the related nominal code description present in the source CSV file.
It is strongly recommended for the user to customize and manage the template as per their requirement.
- Click Choose File to upload the source CSV file and click Next.
- The source CSV file nominal codes will be mapped with existing Surf Accounts Production nominal codes. If any Surf Code field is blank, the value needs to be entered manually to map with any existing Surf Accounts Production nominal code.
- Click Next. The file is successfully uploaded.
- A pop-up is displayed at the top left corner notifying the successful submission of the Journal import.
- The pop-up once clicked displays the bellow message.
- You can view the published TB journal from Journals on the left panel which is imported using the Trial Balance Import functionality. If the Include Zero option is selected while performing the import, then the nominal codes containing a zero value will be visible. If the same option is not selected while import, you can view the list comprising of valid transactions. You can also view either a Detailed or a Summary view of the Journal inputs.
- The Chart of Accounts page displays the Annual View, Overview, Periodic View or a Comparative View. To select a defined view, click View drop-down list and select the same. This way you can have a clear understanding with a calculated and supported comparison.
- The journal imported using the Trial Balance Import functionality also provides with a comparative study of the same with your current and previous years. You can also view the comparison for the last 3,4,5 or 6 years. To select the desired comparison year’s view, click View and select the same.