Who can create new clients and accounts?
New clients can be created by any member of staff of the practice. The business owner may also add their business to Surf Accounts and then allow their accountant to use the same business in Surf AP.
To create new clients and accounts, the staff member must have been assigned the permission to do so. To assign access rights, select Staff from the left panel. To the right of the staff members name, a drop down arrow will appear with the following options, Practice Permissions, Staff Permissions, Client Access, Remove Staff and Close Staff. Choose ‘Practice Permissions’. The relevant options can be selected from here.
Steps to assign permissions
- On the Clients and Accounts page, select ‘Staff’.
- Select the drop down arrow to the right of the staff members’ name, choose Open Practice Permissions.
- Tick the relevant options, you now have access to create Clients and Accounts.
- Creating a new Client and Account
- On the Clients and Accounts page, click Add Client.
- The New Client page appears. Enter appropriate details.
|What details do I enter?|
To create the client and the dataset, click Save.