View the summary of all clients and accounts you have set up.
You can also perform the following tasks in this section:
- Add Dataset
- Delete Client Dataset
- Remove Client
- Password Protection for Client Dataset
Steps for Setup
- Log in to Surf Account Production
- The Clients and Accounts page appears. It gives the following options, as shown in the image.
You can add a new dataset for any client in Surf Account Production for both Surf Account Production and Surf Accounts businesses.
Click Add a Dataset next to the business for any Surf Accounts business without a client dataset.
In the Add a Dataset window, enter the details for the new dataset and click Save.
DESCRIPTION NAME Name of the client/business. CLIENT CODE Enter a unique code. For example, CA001 COUNTRY OF INCORPORATION Choose the country where the entity is incorporated. This selection will have an impact on the legislation available and the type of financial statements which you can prepare. ENTITY TYPE Your selection describes the type of business of the client you are managing. Surf Accounts Production provides multiple templates suitable for entity types. Choose one that best describes the client business. For example, if your client is an individual business, select Sole Trader.
Note: Surf Accounts Production sets the accounts and nominal settings of your client business depending on the template you select. This may not be available for change at a later date, choose carefully.
START DATE Start date of the financial period. END DATE Press the tab on the keyboard and the financial period end date is automatically populated. ACCOUNTS DESCRIPTION When you press tab, a default description is automatically populated. You can customise it.
Click Add Dataset next to the business for any Surf Account Production business without a client dataset.
In the Add Set of Accounts window, modify the Account Description if you wish to and click Save.
You cannot modify any other details of the new dataset for a Surf Account Production business.
During opening a dataset, if the system identifies another user logged in
and using the same dataset, a warning message will be displayed and the option of overriding
the other user will be provided.
You can delete any existing client dataset present in Surf Account Production. To delete any existing client dataset, complete the following steps:
- Click the Remove Dataset icon present next to the client dataset.
- On the Remove Set of Accounts box, fill in the required conditions click Remove.
- The dataset is removed successfully.
Surf Account Production allows to delete only the latest client dataset present.
You can remove a client from Surf Account Production only if it does not contain any dataset and is not linked to any other Surf Accounts product. To remove a client, complete the following steps:
- Click the Remove Client icon next to the client name.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- The client is removed successfully.
You can now secure your datasets by adding passwords. To enable password protection for a client dataset, complete the following steps:
- Click the Protect with password icon next to the client dataset.
Provide the password for protecting the dataset and click OK.
The password protection for the relevant dataset is enabled successfully.
While adding a new client with dataset, you can secure the dataset with password.
Consolidation is a function that allows multiple sets of company accounts to be aggregated and reported together in the form of a Group Company.
- All entities being consolidated must be Companies.
- The Financial Year End Date of the holding company and the subsidiaries must be the same.
We recommend that all companies are in Closedown before consolidating.
The nominal balances (for the current year and up to 5 Years Comparatives) are imported into the Group Company as a separate divisional trial balance in the form of a batch of multi-lined journals. You can also create appropriate inter-company adjustments using Journals posted to the holding company division.
Each entity as a Limited Company in its own right, must prepare and file Statutory Accounts,
under Companies Act Legislation and a separate set of consolidated accounts must be produced
combining all three.
To add the Parent/Subsidiary Company, complete the following steps.
Open the holding company.
- Click Client Details under Compliance Database.
- Click Group Companies.
- Click Add.
- The Add Group Company dialog box will appear, fill in the required details.
- Select the appropriate Type; Subsidiary, Parent or Ultimate Parent.
- Enter a few characters of the appropriate company name and click the search icon.
- Select the appropriate company from the list displayed and click OK.
- The address and country of incorporation details of the selected client should populate the available fields.
- Click Save to add the selected company to the list of group companies.
- Select the holding company, and on the appropriate financial statement year (The first year that you wish to Consolidate), click the Consolidate icon.
- The Group Client details will appear. You cannot change the holding company name or financial year. A client code is auto-generated, GRP + the holding company client code, you can change this if you wish.
- Click Add, to display the group companies setup in the holding company’s compliance database. You will see the company names, financial years, type and status. Select the companies that you wish to consolidate as part of this group by ticking the checkbox.
- After a final review of all the details displayed, click Consolidate.
- The Consolidation will complete and you will be in the newly created group company, at the Trial Balance. The balances shown will be the aggregated balances and you will have an option to display the trial balance of the holding company, any subsidiary company or the division assigned to the group company (ZZZ- Group division).
- The Comparative balances will also be updated and will similarly default to display the aggregated balances and will have an option to select to display by division i.e., select to display only the comparatives of the holding company, any of the subsidiary companies or the division assigned to the group company (ZZZ- Group division).
- The Produce Accounts will use the Group Company Template.
If you make changes to the companies included in the group i.e., add or remove companies or if you alter the amounts in any of the companies being consolidated, then you will need to Re-Consolidate to update the group figures. Any adjusting Journals or Comparative amounts entered for the Group Division (ZZZ), will be unaffected by the Re-Consolidation.
To Re-consolidate, complete the following steps.
- Select the holding company, and on the appropriate financial statements year, click the Consolidate icon.
- The Group Client Details will appear.
- You can add or remove some of the companies listed in the Holding companies Compliance Database, group companies or,
- Update the group balances where one or more of the companies balances has been updated/altered.
- After a final review of all the details displayed, click Re-Consolidate.
- The existing journals and comparative figures posted in the group company will be deleted, with the exception of the inter-company journals & comparatives posted to (ZZZ, the group division) and the Consolidation process will be re-run. Once complete the existing group company will be opened and you will be at the Trial Balance, with the updated balances.