Surf Accounts allows you to manually set up supplier balances from the end of a previous accounting period as quick invoices and receipts. When you set up regular purchase invoices and receipts, the opening balance values are added to that of the regular purchase invoices and receipts.
To set up opening supplier balances, complete the following steps.
- Log in and click the required business.
- The Customers page appears. On the left panel, click Purchases > Opening Supplier Balances.
- The Opening Supplier Balances page appears. To set up a quick invoice, click Invoice.
- The Quick Supplier Invoice Opening Balance page appears. Set up one or more quick invoices. (For steps, click here).
- Optional. Split the invoices. (For steps, click here).
- To set up quick payment receipts, click Payment. (For steps, click here).
|You can set the invoice set up date in the Date column up to 5 years from the current financial year.|
Viewing Opening Supplier Balances
To view a specific opening balance record, on the Opening Supplier Balances page, click anywhere on the row.
|If you sort any column other than Date, then the Date column is also sorted accordingly.|