Surf Account Production allows you to add as many customers as required and manage the records.
You can perform the following actions on customer management in Surf Accounts. To view the steps, click on the links.
- Creating Customer Record
- Updating Customer Record
- Viewing Customer Record
- Sending SMS to Customer
- Viewing Customer Account Summary
To manage customers, you need to first move to the Customers page.
- Log in to Surf Accounts and from the Business page, click the required Business. The Customers page appears.
- The Customers page is shown below.
To create customer record, complete the following steps.
- Move to the Customers page.
- On the Customers page, click [Add Customer]. The New Customer page appears.
- On the New Customer page, enter the following details.
You can also add a customer by moving the pointer over the Create New menu on the banner and then clicking +Customer.
- To save the customer details, [Save].
- After you create the customer, an additional tab Sub-Contacts is created. This tab allows you to crate secondary contacts for the customer in case you are unable to contact the customer.
|General Info tab|
|GENERAL INFORMATION heading|
|CUSTOMER NAME||Enter the customer name.|
|CUSTOMER CODE||It can be auto-generated or user-defined, depending on the settings.|
|CONTACT NAME||Enter the name of the customer contact person.|
|POSITION||Enter the position or designation of the customer contact person.|
|CONTACT INFORMATION heading|
|STREET||Enter the street in the customer address.|
|TOWN||Enter the town in the customer address.|
|COUNTY||Enter the county in the customer address.|
|POST CODE||Enter the post code in the customer address.|
|COUNTRY||Enter the country in the customer address.|
|PHONE||Enter the phone number in the customer address.|
|MOBILE||Enter the mobile number in the customer address.|
|Enter the email ID.|
|WEBSITE||Enter the customer website, if any.|
|ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION heading|
|FAX||Enter fax number, if any.|
|DIRECT LINE||Enter the direct phone number in the customer address.|
|SKYPE ID||Enter the Skype ID, if any.|
|ADDITIONAL EMAIL||Enter additional email, if any.|
|Invoice Settings tab||The default invoice settings such as credit limit and term and discounts will apply on all customer invoices.|
|ACCOUNT INFORMATION heading|
|ACCOUNT MANAGER||Select the name of the person responsible for this customer account. Note: If, at the time of setting up the business, you select Primary School or Secondary School as the business type, then the column name will be CO-ORDINATOR.|
|CREDIT TERMS||Select the period till which credit is allowed.|
|CREDIT LIMIT||Select the credit limit.|
|VAT NO.||Enter the VAT number.|
|PAYMENT TERMS||Enter payment terms and conditions.|
|DEFAULT INFORMATION heading|
|VAT EXEMPT||Select if the customer is VAT-exempted.|
|SEND STATEMENTS||Select whether you want to send statements always, not now or never.|
|DEFAULT NOMINAL CODE||Select the required value.|
|DEFAULT VAT CODE||Select the default VAT rate applicable on the sales price.|
|DEFAULT DISCOUNT||Enter the default discount on the sales price, if applicable.|
|CURRENCY||Select the currency for transacting with the customer.|
|Company Info tab|
|COMPANY INFORMATION heading|
|INDUSTRY||Enter the customer industry.|
|TURNOVER||Enter the customer turnover.|
|EMPLOYEES||Enter the number of employees employed by the customer.|
|SOURCE||Enter the customer contact source.|
|DESCRIPTION||Enter a description of the customer.|
|CATEGORIES||Select the option that describes the customer.|
|To search for a customer contact or sub contact, in the box, enter the customer contact or the sub-contact name, if you have entered any.|
To edit customer details, complete the following steps.
- Create Customer Record.
- On the Customers page, click for the required customer record and in the inline menu, click Open. The Edit Customer page appears.
- On the Edit Customer page, edit the customer details, as required.
- To save the changes, click [Save].
To view customer record, complete the following steps.
- On the Customers page, click for the required customer record and in the inline menu, click Open. The Customer Details page appears.
- View the details by clicking required tabs.
You can send SMS to customer mobile numbers configured at the time of customer configuration. You need to limit the number of characters to 500. To send SMS, complete the following steps.
- Complete steps 1 to 3 of Creating Customers.
- On the Customers page, click for the required customer record and in the inline menu, click SMS. The Send SMS window appears.
- In the Send SMS window, enter the message in the SMS TEXT box and click [Send]. The SMS is sent.
Surf Accounts provides a summary of the customer account which includes information such as the total invoice count and amount, invoice payment status and allocation status. You can view the invoice summary or details and also print or send the same to the customer over email. To view customer account summary, complete the following steps.
- Complete steps 1 to 3 of Managing Customers.
- On the Customers page, click for the required customer record and in the inline menu, click Account. The Customer Account page appears.
- On the Customer Account page, view the summary of customer account as well as perform additional actions, if required.
- To view invoice details, click on the invoice link under the Description column.
- To print or email the account summary, on the top of the page, click [Statement]. The Sales Statement Print page appears.
- On the Sales Statement Print page, complete the following steps.
- To print account summary, click [Print].
- To save a copy of the summary, click [Save].
- To email the summary, click [Email].