The Companies House provides each relevant Practice with a unique Presenter credentials, who are supposed to submit accounts in Companies House . These credentials are applicable across all AP Products.
For example, the existing Companies House credentials for Relate Accounts Production can be used in Surf Accounts Production as well.
The information required here is as follows:
|Companies House Presenter ID
|The unique Presenter ID provided by Companies House
|The unique code provided by Companies House for accounts submission
|Next Submission No
|A unique series of submission number assigned to the particular Practice by Companies House
Authentication Code for Accounts Submission
The Companies House provides every client with a unique authentication code which is required for the submission of accounts. It is recommended to provide this particular detail in the Compliance Database. If the Compliance Database is missing the information, you can enter the same while submitting the accounts for Companies House.
To submit accounts for Companies House, complete the following steps:
- On the Clients and Accounts page, select the client for which you want to submit the accounts and in the left panel, click Produce Accounts.
Accounts submission for Companies House is only available for UK-registered clients.
- On the Accounts page, click Status.
- Check and update the current status of the accounts. You can perform the submission for Companies House only when the accounts are in closedown.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the Abridged Accounts row and select iXBRL Accounts.
You cannot submit the accounts for Companies House if it contains any format error. To verify, click Notifications.
- In the iXBRL Generate Options box, select For Companies House and click Ok.
- Your accounts is generated and the Companies House Submission box appears.
- Enter the unique authentication code if it is not already set in the Compliance Database and click Submit. Your accounts is successfully submitted.
You can also download the generated file for preview before submission by clicking Download.
- In the left panel, click C.H Submission to view the submission details of your accounts.
- You must manually check the submission status periodically. To check the submission status, click the accounts under the Accounts Description column and click Check Status.
The current submission status for the accounts is displayed.