Why should you add a bank account?
To add a bank account, complete the following steps.
- On the left panel, click Bank Accounts > Bank Accounts.
- The Bank Accounts page appears. Click Add Bank Account.
- The Add Bank Account page appears. Enter the details of the bank account you want to set up.
- To set bank account up, click Save.
- The bank account is set up, see the image below.
Bank Account Details
|BANK NAME*||You select your bank that has the account you want to set up. Click and from the Banks window, click the required bank or enter the bank name in the Search box. Select the country where your bank is based.|
|BANK ACCOUNT NAME*||Enter a unique name which may or may not be the actual bank account name. This name will be displayed and used to identify the bank account you have added.|
|ACCOUNT NUMBER||Enter the bank account number.|
|DEFAULT IMPORT FILE||Select the file that will be imported to Surf Accounts Productionby default. The imported files will always be CSV. It is ideal that you always select the same bank CSV as the bank you have selected earlier.|
|BANK REFERENCE||Bank reference.|
|NOMINAL CODE||Nominal code.|
|NEVER LINK THIS ACCOUNT||If you tick this, the bank account will be set up but you will not be able to import bank statements or reconcile.|