Dext Prepare is a third-party software that extracts data from uploaded images of receipts and invoices and formats those to create customer or supplier invoices or receipts. You can integrate or connect a Surf Accounts business to a Dext Prepare business, upload images of receipts and invoices and post them to the same business. First, connect the business with Dext Prepare and then upload and amend (if needed) the documents and publish them to Surf Accounts.
The sections below give the steps to both connect and publish data to Surf Accounts.
|Surf Accounts and Surf Accounts Production both are currently using the same accounting software from the list to connect with Dext Prepare.|
Connecting Surf Accounts Business with Dext Prepare
- Log in to Dext Prepare from https://app.dext.com/login and access the business you wish to integrate with Surf Accounts.
- Optional. Dext Prepare provides information to get started which you may view, if needed.
- On the left panel, under MANAGE, click Connections > Integrations.
- On the Integration section, click Choose software.
- You are given a choice of software to integrate Dext Prepare with. Click the Surf Accounts logo.
- On the Connect Now window, click Connect to Surf Accounts.
- On the Surf Accounts login page, enter the credentials and click Login.
- From the Business Name list, select the business you want to integrate with Dext Prepare and click Connect.
- Your Surf Accounts Business is now connected with Dext Prepare. Click Finish.
You can find the list of businesses only if you are a Bureau Accountant.
- Setup your Tax Settings - Select the Use tax list to use your Surf Accounts VAT Rates in Dext Prepare (Recommended). You need to select a Default tax for Costs and Default exempt tax code for Costs to Publish documents to Surf Accounts. This should be based on the majority VAT percentage used for Purchases and can be amended before publishing.
Publishing the Documents
After connecting your Surf Accounts business with Dext Prepare, you can upload, edit and publish the documents so they are available in Surf Accounts. The documents should be available in the Costs or Sales workspace. To publish, complete the following steps.
- On the left panel, click Costs > Inbox.
- As you can see, the individual documents have been processed, formatted and are ready for publication. Click Publish for each item.
- The items will be available under the Dext Prepare menu in Surf Accounts as feeds. To know more, see Getting Feeds from the Dext Prepare.
Disconnecting the Surf Accounts Business from Dext Prepare
- To disconnect the Surf Accounts business from Dext Prepare, on the left panel, click Add-Ins.
- On the Import Receipts page, click Disconnect under Dext Prepare.
- The Disconnect app? window appears. Click Disconnect. You may optionally provide a reason for disconnection.